What research should I do before I sell my property?
Before you decide to sell your property, it is worth doing a bit of research yourself before contacting agents. Ask yourself some questions:
- What are similar properties in the area selling for? Use this a guide figure to help you. A more precise valuation can come later.
- Is now a good time to sell? Check property market guides and reputable news sources to help you. The HomeOwners Alliance has up to date Media & Reports including a House Price Watch.
- Do you have a rough idea of what your property is worth? For a full valuation of your property contact one of our local experts will contact you.
What tools can I use to help me find a new property?
There are plenty of tools out there to help you with your research, but Howard's have made finding properties in your area easy.
To use our online property search, simply:
- Go to our property search
- Enter your postcode
- Select a good radius to view properties
- Select your property type and number of bedrooms
- Select the tick box ‘Include properties sold STC
- Click search
Once you've searched for properties in your area, you can then further narrow your search by specify particular requirements to find your perfect home.
It can also be helpful to see properties for sale by Howard's and other agents. It will give you well-rounded information on property prices in your area.
How do I get the most up to date valuation?
At Howard's, we’re on a mission to get you moved. We listen to our customers to find out what they need from us, whether that’s a quick sale, accompanied viewings, or advice in finding a new property. We are here to guide you every step of the way.
All our branches have staff with excellent knowledge of the local area in which they operate. They will provide you with the best advice on selling your property there. Our branch pages also have Property Market News insights on the local property market such as new listings and average sales prices, so feel free to take a look at all the information on there as well before valuing your home.