Choosing an agent can be a bit overwhelming. Especially if they are all promising the same things!
An estate agent can help you to sell your property for the right price at the right time. However, the process of finding the right one for you can be a bit overwhelming, especially if they are all promising similar things. Use our tips to help you navigate this part of selling your home, starting with the important considerations for finding your estate agent:
The important questions
There are plenty of questions to ask a potential estate agent, but for a start you’ll want reassurance they can do the best job of getting you the right price for your home or property. If you have done your research, and have an idea of the price you want, be sure that this matches up realistically with what the agent puts forward.
Questions to ask to ensure a good relationship with a potential estate agent are:
- Are they professional in their approach? It’s important that you feel comfortable with your agent. If they are over-friendly or don’t seem invested enough, trust your gut and move on.
- Do they have any testimonials on their website so that you can see what other customers think of them? Other people’s experiences could help you to weed out agents that may not be what you’re looking for from your shortlist.
- How well known are they in your area? The more experience and expertise they have of the location, the better.
- Do their opening hours suit you? It is no good instructing an agent who is only open when you are at work. You might also want to establish a preferred method of contact – do you want them to call you or email you throughout the process?
You can also ask about the applicants already registered with them – are there any that may suit your property? How quickly will the agent get in touch with them to notify them that your property will be on the market? All this information will give you a good idea of if the agent is the right one for you.
One extra thing to remember is that an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) must be arranged before a property can be marketed. Will the estate agent be able to carry this out on your behalf?
The Howards team are available 8am – 10pm, seven days a week. Call us today!
Marketing your home
The more people that see your property, the better, but it also needs to reach the right people. Which of the agents will get the best exposure of your property? The best exposure for your property will be to people looking in your area and price range, not just a blanket, catch all listing. Ask the following questions:
- Will the agent be promoting your property on their website?
- Will they include major portals such as Rightmove and OnTheMarket.com?
- How will they market your property? Social media, email campaigns, newspaper advertising – are they going to ensure your property is seen by the right people?
- Have a look at some examples of the properties they are currently marketing on their website – do the pictures look professional? Do you like the way the property descriptions are written?
Let Howards help
Howards will provide a free, up-to-date valuation, carried out by a member of our team of fully-trained professionals. We will show you the marketing we can provide and our expert local knowledge of the property market in your area. Howards has the tech to get it seen and the people to get it sold.
Want to book a free valuation? Contact Howards today
Howards prides itself in being transparent with our customers. For example, you can look at the Howards website to see how many properties Howards is selling in your area compared to other agents. We listen to your requirements and provide solutions to help them sell your property. We can set up open house events, accompanied viewings or set times for viewings.
Our award-winning off and online marketing techniques include:
- Advertising on portals Rightmove and onthemarket.com.
- Social media
- Email campaigns
- Property alerts through email or SMS
- Newspaper and magazine advertising
- Dedicated PR
- Community-based events
Homes with Howards
Our agents focus on the reasons why you’re moving, so they understand how to help you best, and will negotiate hard on your behalf, to get the result you need. We know the housing market inside out, but you know your home better than anyone. When you instruct us, we’ll ask you what makes it special, what work you've had done, and why it’s fun, unusual or great to live in. By learning all about your home, we can find the right buyer – and get you the best possible price. Don’t run the risk of an estate agent skipping valuable details when they are marketing your home.